Deltafab Part 1 of many

Deltafab has been a kind of dream project for me. I’ve always been fascinated by the speed of delta robots.  In June of this year I had first started pondering how would be the best way to go about making a mostly reprappable delta robot. I eventually thought about breaking up the pivots into two locations. I also had the general form factor and z axis platform all planned out. Unfortunately I never really got much past the elementary parts and a few geometry layouts. Over my term break in October, I finished framing out most of the parts and did a little more research. Once classes started again, I didn’t have time to develop, so it sat. Once I got back home for winter break I printed the parts when my printer wasn’t making printrbot parts. Over all I am very happy with how it came out. Definitely going to be slowly improving it over time. I setup a simple goal sheet before I start printing the next version. I am probably going to only get it printing in early March when I go on term break from school again(and have access to Isaac… Printrbot isn’t big enough to make the parts). I also will hopefully have some very key components done between then (blog posts coming), to control a delta robot. Source can be found here… Video of me talking about it is below…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: